jeudi 12 novembre 2009

Luxardo Maraschino liqueur

"Luxardo liqueur is made according to the original recipe in the possession of the Luxardo family since 1821
"Delicious on fruit-salad, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi."

I never had the chance to taste Luxardo liqueur before. I made several cocktails that were asking for maraschino liqueur, but I must admit none of the substitue I found were really similar to this amazing beverage. I tried an unknown brand found in an Italian shop in Grenoble, France. I tried Bols Maraschino liqueur and it is very different from the original stuff.

I finally made a proper aviation with it:
  • 4 cL Cork Crimson Gin
  • 1 cL Luxardo liqueur
  • 1 cL lemon juice
  • 1/2 cL liqueur de violette Giffard
Shake all ingredient with ice. Double strain into a cocktail glass.

My flatmate found it a bit bitter and sour (while I found it very good) and he added a dash of simple syrup.

32% ABV. Read more on Luxardo website.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire